Day Trip to Leliyn / Edith Falls
Posted: 14 January 2020
Day tripping to Leliyn / Edith Falls during your stay in Katherine is must!
Leliyn / Edith Falls is located on the Western side of Nitmiluk National Park (Katherine George) and is an easy all vehicle access 62km drive along the Sturt Highway from your accommodation at Beagle Motor Inn.
Things to do at Leliyn / Edith Falls:
- The 2.6km Leliyn Trail is a steep and rocky loop with the opportunity to take a refreshing swim in the upper pool of Leliyn / Edith Falls for your half way rest.
- 9km return walk to Sweetwater Pool another serene swimming hole.
- The large warm natural pool at the base of the falls is heavenly and a wonderful place to experience the stunning colours of a Northern Territory sunset!
- Sweetwater pool and upper Leliyn / Edith Falls pool are very refreshing during bushwalking.
- Swimming is available all year round however may be restricted at some times between November to April.
Entry is FREE and it is open 7 days a week all years round.
Public facilities include barbecues, grassy and shaded picnic areas, public toilets and showers, kiosk, café and gift shop.
Disabled access is available.
Visit the Northern Territory and discover Leliyn / Edith Falls, stay local in Katherine.
BEAGLE MOTOR INN offer comfortable and welcoming accommodation and are centrally located in Katherine. Guest facilities include pool, spa, laundry, tour bookings and onsite steak and seafood bistro. BOOK YOUR KATHERINE / NORTHERN TERRITORY ACCOMMODATION.